• On October 17, 2014, PFMA hosted a conference call with Pennsylvania Department of Revenue officials to discuss the new $2-per-pack cigarette tax implementation with Philadelphia members.
• PFMA hosted a cocktail reception for prospective new members at the West Shore Country Club on October 22, 2014 as part of our annual membership drive. The PFMA Board met there the next day to discuss a full agenda.
• On October 28, 2014, PFMA President & CEO David McCorkle and Alex Baloga, director of government and public relations met with Sen. Brubaker (R-Lancaster) to express concerns over the Council of State Governments' Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Choice report.
• The Pennsylvania's Best Bagger Championship was held on October 29, 2014 at Strawberry Square in Harrisburg. Multi-year contestant, Matthew Nonnemacher, Boyer’s Food Markets gave it his all to earn an impressive score and first place in the competition.
• Alex Baloga hosted a PFMA Legislative Committee meeting on October 29 to discuss the upcoming election and end of year initiatives.